[3830] WPX SSB LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 31 12:19:00 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD LZ1UQ LZ1PM LZ1ANA LZ1FG LZ1PJ LZ1LG LZ1BMV LZ2PO LZ2CJ LZ2HQ LZ3UM LZ3FM LZ4UU
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

   40: 1929
   20: 2889
   15: 2411
   10: 1489

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

Best ever score we made in WPX SSB since we started as M/M in 2003.

Differently from 2013 bands were not so noisy and condx on 15 and 10m were much
better, although much can be desired yet. ( and they say it's a sun's maximum
activity in 2014-2015 ? ).

Looks like first time ever we made more QSOs on SSB on 40m than our German
friends at DR1A, too. Due to better upper bands condx activity on 40,80 and
160m was lower which reflects the number of QSOs made.

2300 QSOs more than we made in 2013 and some 15 000 000 more points than last
year.

Of course we do not make comparisons to ES9C guys since they seem to
participate in different contests than us mortals ;-).

Would be interesting to see the score of 9A1A gang who are closest to us as a
location. II9P team gained from the better condx they had on 15 and 10m.

Overall, it was fun as usual :-) and we'll do it again in WPX CW in May.

THANKS to all who called us.
See you in WPX CW !

73, de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M contest team