[3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 31 12:20:08 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F KA1NCN K5Z0 KL2HD KL7RA KL7SB WL7BDO
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ALASKA

   20: 2055
   15: 3398
   10: 2454

Well that was fun. Around the clock propagation on ten and fifteen makes
for extra excitement. We had all six bands on the air from 9pm local time to
past 3am. The serial numbers really slow you down and we had a few slow
hours on Sunday morning but the bands came back full blast for a good
ending. Lloyd, K5ZO and I did this contest for the first time multi-multi in
1978 and it was nice to have him here this year from Texas to operate with
the Kenai team and be part of this excellent score from Alaska. Special thanks

to the crew that put in the extra hours of butt clue these conditions
required.
Next up W1AW/KL7 all bands/modes. 73 Rich KL7RA