[3830] WPX CW VB7X(@VA7DZ) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 26 14:24:19 EDT 2014

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VB7X
Operator(s): KE7X VA7DZ VA7KH VE3YT
Station: VA7DZ

Class: M/S LP
QTH: VICTORIA BC

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Pretty tough slog until  Sunday! Very high noise levels.
NO signals heard on 160, very few on 80 and 10.

15m open to  EU on Saturday, but  not many Qs.
Sunday morning was better for EU. US Qs saved our bacon both days.

BUT...

Sunday afternoon was **wonderful** ! 15m open to
North Asia, Japan, US, South America AND Europe - all at once, all afternoon
long, S9 signals. So we ended the  contest with big smiles - after 1.5 days of
frowns.

Radios: K3s
Antennas: Optibeam 16-3 [N Asia], TH7 [EU,US, SA],
          2-el 40m phased vertical array [N Asia / US]
          43 ft 80m vertical
          160m Inv-L w folded counterpoise

Eric, VA7DZ

[PREFIX NUMBER IS A GUESS. Will update it.]