[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 12 19:21:03 EDT 2014

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - October

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA

---------------------
Total:  89     Mults = 27  Total Score = 2,403

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team: NCCC

Comments:

First hour on 20m was lots of fun. Then I couldn't
find any new stations, or get any answers to my CQs.

Reluctantly, I went up to 40m and struggled. Very
noisy as a thunderstorm moved in, very rare up
here in the Northwest. I started hearing loud thunder
at 0140Z and the lights flickered a few times, so
I disconnected the antennas and took a break. Storm
was leaving my area after 20 minutes so I jumped
back in. Still noisy, and I was running late, as
the band seemed to be emptying out. Either people
leaving for 80m, giving up, or the band "going
long." I tuned the band numerous times looking for
any new stations.

Time to "go wild" with QRP on 80m! No answers to
my CQs, and everyone CQ-ed "in my face" when I
called them. The only trace visible back on 20m
was T30D worked on RTTY and QRP! 40m only had loud
CQers I had already worked. Ok, then some more
80m character building. The end finlly came, and
I'm embarassed to see I didn't even work
90 stations, ouch!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-31xr at 72ft
40m: 2 element yagi at 78 ft
80m: Delta Loop from 80 ft
Two Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog, MMTTY, microham keyer
SDR-IQ receiver and Spectravue Panadapter

QSO by hour and band.
        80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z    ---+-      6      33       39     39
01Z       -       7       7       14     53
02Z       -      20       -       20     73
03Z      11       4       1       16     89

Total:   11      37      41