[3830] NyQP W2LC MobileCW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 19 23:21:25 EDT 2014

                    New York QSO Party

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: MobileCW QRP
QTH: Various

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    0     0       0
   40:   93     0       0
   20:  140     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  222:    0     0       0
  432:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  233     0       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 24,232

W2LC NYQP 2014 QSO breakdown per County

County       20m     40m

Oswego       12      0
Jefferson    14      22
Lewis        12      10
St Lawrence  33      30
Franklin     33      21
Clinton      36      10

TOTAL       140      93
All CW

Glad I made the long drive to Clinton county, I had a bit of a pileup going on
20m. I'm having some QSL's made up with a popular NNY attraction. What you ask?
The "Golden Knight" of course, located outside the hockey arena at
Clarkson University. I went to the hockey game as I usually do, but they got
whipped by Vermont. Oh well still fun to go.

I stayed a bit ahead of schedule in order to spend extra time in Clinton
county. I'm disappointed with Lewis county, not too many Q's there. I stopped
in a nature park just over the county line, but it must not be a good spot.

My best QSO total and best multiplier total, and most counties worked too.

If I was weak that's because I was running 5 watts using FT-817, along with 40m
and 20m ham sticks. It all works pretty well though. I taped 4 radials to the
outside of my car, using black wire and black duct tape, that helps a lot. I
got a couple of funny looks when I stopped. At Clarkson that may not be the
nerdiest thing that you see. Clarkson University is primarily an engineering
school, need I say more?

Both my son and youngest daughter are Clarkson graduates. My daughter has some
good stories on the looks she gets when she tells someone she is an electrical
engineer.

Activity seemed pretty good, I had to move around a bit whenever I thought I
was getting covered up.

Thanks for all the QSO's, I had 26 DX QSO's, SP9LJD in 4 counties. About 450
miles of driving including the trip home. I drove to the Oswego/Jefferson
county line before the contest so I could get to Clinton county earlier. It all
worked out well.

73 Scott W2LC