[3830] IlQP WB8RFB Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 19 23:40:29 EDT 2014

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: Waukegan

  160:
   80:     63        9
   40:     84      123
   20:     73        2
------------------------
Total:    220      134  Mults = 110  Total Score = 63,140

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Finished putting up a temporary G5RV in a "flat" V configuration just
45 minutes ahead of the start so it seemed to really pump the RF straight up.
It worked very well with the best performance on 40 meters.  Nearly tripled my
score over last year so I met my goal.  However, still have much to learn and
improve upon.  My Ten Tec shut down when the thermal breaker opened during the
last hour of the contest as I hadn't connected the heat sink cooling fan into
12 VDC so I lost a good 20 minutes of op time.  Fat fingers slowed down data
entry especially with the Rovers and County Line stations.  Great fun overall
but 15 was a no-go here and 20 meters got tougher as the afternoon wore on.  40
was the bread and butter band that held up all day.  Was very mice to work so
many SMC calls.