[3830] CQWW SSB WB5EIN SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 21:45:47 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 19:29

   80:   14     6       10
   40:   48    15       30
   20:   77    22       46
   15:   85    17       41
   10:   65    16       23

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

With my lower power station and simple antenna (Windom at 35 feet), it was
extremely hard to break through to calling stations, particularly until Sunday
afternoon on 15 and 10.  Sometimes, I would time myself to see how long it took
to work a station.  There were times when I would call for 20+ minutes!

You might ask why I didn't move on.  Well, in addition to working multiplier
stations, I was listening and learning from top-notch operators.

I was scheduled to be another op again at superstation, NQ4I; however, a
conflict arose that prevented my being there this time.  Believe me....it's a
WHOLE LOT different using 50-75 watts and a Windom rather than those massive
stacks and powerful rigs/amps at Rick's place!

All in all, it was enjoyable.  My main interest is CW, so I'm looking forward
to the next iteration of this test.

Many thanks to all the great operators around the world who picked my puny
signal out of the racket.  It's great to make and meet friends via the
airwaves.

73,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN
Tupelo, Mississippi (birthplace of Elvis!)