[3830] CQWW SSB PJ4DX SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 23:24:14 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Bonaire

  160:   18     5       14
   80:  153    15       36
   40:  227    24       60
   20: 1004    28       90
   15: 1311    31      100
   10: 1285    30       94

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT-2000 to Acom 1500 amp at 1kW; ants: Spiderbeam at 30ft, Butternut
HF2V for 40m, 80m quarter-wave vertical, 160m NVIS low dipole.

First attempt in the 24-hour 'Classic' category. Enjoyed the time off, but
would have preferred to operate for 30 or 36 hours rather than just 24. Pleased
with the QSO total (over 4000 in 24hrs - minus dupes), but disappointed in the
Mults: with no DX Cluster I spent more time running and less looking for mults.
Lots and lots of activity especially on 10 and 15m which were both full from end
to end, but I felt conditions were no better than average. Missed many Far East
mults; just didn't hear HS, 9M6, KH2 at all.

See you all next year. 73, Steve, PJ4DX (G4JVG / 9M8Z etc.)