[3830] CQWW SSB WQ6X(@N6GEO) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 02:09:15 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): N6GEO WQ6X
Station: N6GEO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    7     5        5
   40:   22     8       13
   20:   26    16       18
   15:  143    23       58
   10:  164    24       57

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another AD-Hoc operation by WQ6X & N6GEO at George's home QTH.
This weekend we test-drove the FLEX-3000 into a newly acquired 2-el. Stepp-IR
yagi 7mh on the back patio and a stealth 6-BTV behind a tree @ the N6GEO's QTH.
 Because this is an HOA restricted location, by 01:00z after the contest -
antennas? what antennas?
We had other engagements for most of Sunday so only put in 28 hours overall but
accomplished our goal of test-driving the FLEX and KPA-500 into the Stepp-IR
paving the way for its use next weekend in the November Sweepstakes.
A solar flux of 218 kept 15 & 10 meters alive well into the 03:00z - 04:00z
hours on BOTH days.  Unfortunately, a local noise source (confirmed by N6RO)
drowned us with near-S9 noise levels on 80 & 40.  Miraculously, WQ6X
managed to work stations on both bands for needed multipliers.
You can read more about our activities at http://WQ6X.Blogspot.Com