[3830] CQWW SSB YR8E(@YO8RNI) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 28 01:33:06 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: YR8E
Operator(s): YO8RFS YO8RNP YO8RTI YO8RNI
Station: YO8RNI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: kn37is

  160:  134     6       36
   80:  176    11       45
   40:  759    25       85
   20:  407    25       80
   15:  290    29       83
   10:  889    31       96

First time using the callsign in contests, so it took a little while to get used
to it,both the team and the corespondent, but in the end it was ok.It is our
first attempt to build a team for big contests, unfortunately not so many
operators are available, so the youngest was YO8RTI, 9 yrs old:-))Quite fun
actually! And he is improving his operation skill really fast!But he is mad
that most of the people say to him 88 :-))First day it was the accommodation
day, most of the time just S&P since there was so many stations to choose
from and quite hard to find a place for run.We ended with just 750qsos:-(In the
second day it was much better, with period of run with over 100 qsos per hour
and even more for short period, a real pleasure to be on the station.We've made
more then double qsos then the previous day.Although we didn't do to many qsos,
we are quite happy with number of multipliers  worked.Lets hope we will do
better next time!
We used the K3 with Acom 2000 amplifier, Inv L for 160m, Windom 77mtrs for 80m,
OB12-6 and Spiderbeam for the rest of the bands.We also used a little the
FT1000MP and Acom 2S1 commutator to see how we can work with two radios and
it's clear, we need to go to a real two radios setup next time.
Thanks to everyone who worked us and to my wife for supporting us:-))

For YR8E team,
Bob
YO8RNI
73!