[3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 02:38:35 EDT 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina

  160:  201     5       38
   80:  526    10       52
   40:  483    15       66
   20:  344    23       70
   15:  471    21       66
   10:  532    27       80

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

Fortunately great CONDX especially on high bands.
Unfortunately strong QRM 59 to 59 + 10 dB across all three high bands, seems to
be strong local industrial QRM. I am not sure, if I will be able to solve it...

QRM caused, that I rotated to only one direction with low QRM level: to JA on
Saturday. I decided to use other way on Sunday. I switched on all filters and
tried to read NA and SA signals and it works quite nice.

I need to improve S/P for mults. Too few MULTS compared with stations with
similar numbers of QSOs...

I also miss low bands RX ANT. All components of RX loops were ready to install
in the garden. But I gave up due to well known reason of this year: wet, rain,
mud... Hope in better weather conditions during one month till CW leg.

Thanks to all participant, you are the reason of a lot great experiences during
pileups of peaks over 250 QSO/h on all bands, including Top Band.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest
 UltraBeam UB ONE rotator

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 40m:  InvVee @21m
 20, 15, 10m: Cushcraft A4S 3 el. tribander @31m

73!