[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 14 23:11:18 EDT 2014

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EM18

    6:   7     7
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   7     7  Total Score = 49

I operated single op portable in EM18 while returning from Wichita to Lawrence,
KS Saturday afternoon after dropping our daughter-in-law off there. On the air
around 2150z. Initially only a few local stations worked. Then I heard KB0QGT/r
calling CX2TQ on 50.125! At first I thought he was blowing smoke as I couldn't
hear the CX. Then CX2TQ came up out of the noise and went QRZ?  Called and in
the log. Logged a PY a few minutes later. No stateside Es noted. Heard LU9AEA
and CX9AU. Sunday morning went back to EM18 and worked a loud XE2S DL49 on Es ~
1430z. XE2S was the only station I heard, he CQ'd for 45 minutes with maybe one
other station worked.