[3830] ARRL 10 WB5EIN SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 18:03:41 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 15:26

   CW:  425    85
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  425    85  Total Score = 144,500

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Had a fun time with this one.  It was fun comparing notes with a couple of local
friends who were in the contest, too -- Mike, K5XU (Jackson, MS) and John,
KM4OIX (Lexington, TN).  'Twas also great to hear so many friends from other
clubs and contest functions on the air this weekend.

Highlight for me: Getting a call from V51YJ...not expecting to hear a call from
that part of the world when all the others lined up were in the US or Canada.

Never heard Alaska, but I surely did listen for KL7SB and AL9A.  I know they
were on, but never heard them.

All in all, was a good, fun time.  Just a casual operation from here.  Not
trying to beat the world or anything, just having fun working friends.

Oh, and the best part????  100 percent CW!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  CWOps#1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400- horizontal loop up 40\'