[3830] ARRLDX CW W3HAC M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 22 22:17:49 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3HAC
Operator(s): K0OO K6ZO
Station: W3HAC

Class: M/S LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    2     2
Total:  745   307  Total Score = 686,145

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Challenge was what made the contest fun.  We encountered revolving issues with
not one but three different radios.  We fought the Ice, the snow, and the rain.
the weather sure was fun and the meat loaf and shepherds pie was superb.  The
band conditions were top notch though.  The antennas were like the noble dukes
design which was neither up nor down.  That made for interesting propagation.
The power did stay up but the heat was a roller coaster.  All in all it was
Super Challenge.

We would like to thank the station host which house the station (a church)
which tolerated the added CW notes in the organ music for Sunday services.  We
are located just up the street from the White House and next to the Marconi
Monument. We look forward to the nest time and the next set of challenges.
Thanks to all for making that possible.

73

Pat  K0OO  and Don  K6ZO