[3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 19 12:38:52 EST 2015

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD

Total:  550   134  Total Score = 73,700

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington retirement community
in FM 18OW. For the Jan. 2015 NAQP SSB, available ops were N3UM
and W3GB. We took time for normal suppers, and quit an hour early
when rates died. In the end we put in 18.4 of the 24 operator-
hours possible in our multi-two category.   Activity level was OK
but propagation only fair, with lots of QSB on all bands: weaker
signals would pop in and out of readability.  SFI was around 123,
vs 153 for NAQP CW a week ago, perhaps partly accounting for our
modest QSO rates: in 1 hr. on 15 m. we made 71 QSOs, and 51 in one
other hour, with no other hours above 37 on any band.  In NAQP CW,
we did much better: 5 hrs. with single-band rates of 60 to 75, on
3 bands.  Our 80 m. SSB QSO count was down: the main high dipole
was found unusable, with off-scale high SWR.  We fell back on an
NVIS ARES dipole 30 ft. up, and got some Qs and mults with that.