[3830] CQ160 CW OM7RU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 31 10:26:03 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 29:50

Total:  QSOs = 1022  State/Prov = 16  Countries = 54  Total Score = 383,180

Club: OM0M - Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

There was not good CONDX last year, but there was bad this year. Loss of 10
mults compared to 2014.
It was EU contest first night. Only a few valid QSOs of 10 points. No JA mult,
only few stations from East. Few NA stations digged out of the noise. Second
night still without any JA, no opening to East. Fortunately NA opening occured
on Sunday morning and took 3 hours. But still heard only few strong NA
stations, most of them was only a bit above the noise. Sunday evening, as
usually, battle for every QSO, but patience was rewarded by few additional
mults (BY, JA, A65...).
RX loops system was sometimes better than vertical, sometimes not. I have to
test some another RX antenna, but I'm limited by estate dimensions and high
voltage line in the middle of it. It's the only one way to improve the results
on low bands...

Thanks to all who call me.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest

Antennas:
 Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 RX:   K9AY RX loops for 160, 80 and 40m

73!
Riki, OM7RU

www.tucek.sk/om7ru