[3830] CQ160 CW OL5Y Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 31 11:28:07 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: BKO

Total:  QSOs = 618  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 54  Total Score = 262,200

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

Before the winter I have installed the SAL 30 (Shard Apex Loop) receiving
antenna by Array Solutions. I know that with my antenna (low inv. V) I cannot
be competitive so I spent just 10 hours of S&P to test it and enjoy a fun.
I did not have time to seriously play with it before this contest - therefore
CQ 160m was the first serious opportunity to test it. I am absolutelly
satisfied how it works. I can significantly lower the QRM from EU stations by
switching to desired direction. And the DX - wow! 90% of stations which I can
hear and read with SAL I don't neither guess in the noise of Inv.V! During the
contest I was thinking that CONDX must be good - and now I see almost everyone
complain about it. It is promissing.
Thanks for replying to my calls!
ANT: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 15m, SAL 30
RIG: IC756 + Acom 2000A + microHAM MK2R+