[3830] RAC Day VE4RAC(VE4EAR) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 2 08:22:21 EDT 2015

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE4RAC
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4RAC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Winnipeg
Operating Time (hrs): 17:22

  160:    1      2       1         2
   80:   19      4       6         2
   40:   60    122       8        10
   20:   87    683       9        12
   15:   48     36       5         5
   10:    6      2       3         2
    6:    1      1       1         1
    2:    0      4       0         1
Total:  222    854      33        35  Total Score = 422,688

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

I always look at this contest as an opportunity to just get on the air, say hi
to old (and young :) )  friends.

Conditions were less than stellar. Even 15m did not produce any rate. The
sporadic E conditions on 10m seemed to only open weakly to southern Ontario and
Quebec. Even 6m did not open :(

I know it is summer but seems everyone avoided 80 and 160m. Spent a fair bit of
time calling and searching without much success. Could also be the fact that by
the time we are in darkness, many east coast folks have gone to bed. The
downside of a mid week contest.

Happy summer to everyone and thanks for the Q's.

73
Ed VE4EAR

Icomm 7700
Optibeam OB11-5 @51'