[3830] IARU DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 14 12:05:39 EDT 2015

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: JN49FO

  160:    35    12      4       26
   80:   129    33     10       31
   40:   462    50     26       34
   20:   792   355     38       41
   15:   549   137     34       41
   10:    47    20      9       26
-------------------------------------
Total:  2014   607    121      199  Total Score = 2,797,120

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A
IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha91B
BX-120 Interfaces, TopTen decoders, WX0B bandpass filters, Idiom Press CMOS4's,
W2IHY EQplus & homebrew 2R-switching

WT v4.16.0 on 2x Mac mini MD387D/A running Windows 7

(160) 27m shunt-fed tower, Mag-Loop (RX)
 (80) Bobtail (NW/SE), Delta Loop
 (40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded)
 (20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m
 (15) 5el Yagi @25m
 (10) 6el Yagi @24m (sharing tower with 40m)

2R QSOs: 680

Station setup on Friday made for a relaxed start with plenty of rest. DX
signals were weak for the first 6-8 hours, mostly low-value EU. Excursions to
40/80m around AS/OC sunrise. Back to 20m with much improved NA signals, yet
West Coast remained weak. Really missed a 2nd highband Yagi for AS at that
point. Tried 20m SSB two times but could not run any faster than on CW. 40 CW
very good to NA later on. On Sunday 15 CW to Asia was the best band/mode combo
for a long time, at a modest rate.

I did my best QSO-wise, but I'm surprised missing so many Mults.

IARU HF always brings back great memories from past WRTCs, it was fun!

73, Stefan

DL1IAO at contesting.com
http://www.dl1iao.com