[3830] WPX CW AK6W(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 31 21:18:33 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AK6W
Operator(s): K1GI K3EST K6AW N6BV N6RO N6WM WA6O
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   20: 1825
   15: 1633

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Fine conditions and a strong team provided a possible new W6 record for us at
N6RO. For the first time in a long stretch 20 was open for 48 hours and 15 came
close to that. We had more than the usual number of visits from Murphy but had
replacement equipment on hand. (Also, N6RO requests we not discuss 160M --
never a popular band in WPX.) We worked 43% EU stations on 20, very unusual for
us way out here in W6. Conditions were so good I was comparing them to WPX CW in
1999 from HC8N, another record year.

Thanks for the Q's!

73, Steve K6AW/AK6W