[3830] WPX CW W8FN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 31 22:00:13 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 9:35

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Only had a few hours to play this time. This was the first effort since the big
station rewiring job, and it was good to see that everything worked perfectly.
The new synthesizers in the K3 made for absolutely perfect QSK operation.

The action here was mostly on 15. Signals were noticeably weaker on 20, at
least during the hours I could operate. Most of the QSOs were S&P, but I
did get a nice run going around 1700 Sunday on 15. Lots of EU callers were very
weak, but I did manage to pull most of them out of the noise on a pretty quiet
band. Looks like the station is in pretty good shape, but I need to do some
maintenance on the SteppIR. This will probably happen in the full heat of
summer (again).

Thanks for the QSOs and 73 to all...

Randy, W8FN