[3830] SS CW WQ6X Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 00:42:29 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Concord Ca.

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X portable operation from Concord California (EB Section).
This year I ran a newly acquired FT-1000mp into a leaning HF2-V vertical and an
8 meter high Cobra Inverted Vee.  I was amazed at how well they worked.
Unfortunately, the A & K Indexes were HORRIBLE so it was a tough go.
Where the hell was Nebraska?  I also missed NL and NT for a total of 80
sections.
My biggest beef this weekend was stations moving in on frequencies w/o checking
QRL first.  I had to chase off a number of arrogant a-holes this year.
Other than that the contest was overall a lot of fun.