[3830] CQWW CW N4ZZ SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 08:12:15 EST 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4ZZ
Operator(s): N4ZZ
Station: N4ZZ

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Tn

   80:   70    13       34
   40:  273    18       69
   20:  606    32       91
   15:  684    31      100
   10:  131    18       47

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Started out not sure I wanted to stay in the chair much. So only operated about
one hour Friday night.  Got up the next morning had a nice breakfast and went
up to the radio room and found 20 meters wide open to Europe.  Operated a few
hours and took a coffee break. Came back and found 15 wide open.  Well after
running out 15 meters I was almost hooked. Operated on and off the rest of the
day on Saturday. Did one hour on 80 meters before going to bed at my usual bed
time 10pm and that was fun.  I guess the hook got set when I checked my time
operating Sunday morning and needed 10 hours to have full 24 hours in the
contest.  Not the best plan for optimizing score, but it did allow me to reach
the 24 hour goal.  Thanks for the new Classic category.
73 Don, n4zz