[3830] CaQP W9QL SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 5 12:10:16 EDT 2015

                    California QSO Party

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Illinois

  160:
   80:          19
   40:          45
   20:          82
   15:         150
--------------------
Total:   0     296  Mults = 55  Total Score = 32,560

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It seemed that the bands started pretty rough for this one. I started on 20 but
wound up taking a break right at the start because no one could hear me and 15
was completely dead. 15 finally opened after lunch and I was getting 20 over
reports. Never did hear anything on 10, which helped cause a lower score from
last year. Worked all the Goldrush stations, they seemed to be the loudest in
most cases. Family commitments shortened operating time on Sunday and I wound
up missing three counties. Probably should have tried the new assisted
category, but I figure only missing three wasn't too bad for an SSB only effort
with no spotting assistance.