[3830] NyQP N2CU SO MobileMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 10:19:19 EDT 2015

                    New York QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH: 7
Operating Time (hrs): 8:34

  160:
   80:   73      9
   40:  207    114
   20:   34      0
   15:   18      0
----------------------------
Total:  332    123      0  Mults = 77  Total Score = 60,599

I activated 7 counties; CHE, ONT, SCU, SEN, STE, TIO and TOM. Less than 100 QSOs
in each county, which is way less than expected, but it seems quite a few fixed
stations NEVER went looking for mobiles. That may change my plans for next
year. Going mobile is a big time and money investment and the return should
have been better. Oh well.

Worked 44 NY counties and 33 States and Provinces. There was a noticeable lack
of high band activity. Conditions were not good but stations I worked on 20 and
15 had good signals. We need to encourage more high band activity to draw in
mid-west and left-coast operators. Missed some QP regulars like N4PN and OM2VL,
among others.

Thanks to QSO leaders WA3HAE (14), K2SSS (9), WB2ABD, W1DWA, NT2A, K2CYE (8),
N2JJ, VA3ATT, W2EG (6), K1KX, K2QO, N2LQ, N3RN, W1WBB, W2GN, W2RDX, W2TZ (5)
and several others with multiple QSOs that kept me from throwing in the towel.

Let's hope for better turnout next year.

73,
Tom N2CU <><