[3830] CQWW SSB ES7GM SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 27 12:45:26 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES7GM
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES7GM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KO28TI

  160:   44     4       25
   80:  220     9       57
   40:  809    26      100
   20:  932    33      116
   15:  847    33      117
   10:  394    31      110

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

One thing is for sure - ham radio gods were up north this time. Installed new
rotatable 40m beam day before contest and boy it was fun to work on 40 meters
(even tho it was noisy as usual). I was even surprised when I got through those
Caribbean piles so easily. Made me wonder.. was it really me they just replied?

Amazing how the conditions can change just that. Saturday evening around 18z
after the band closed (for me), I was quite sure it is going to be a long night
trying to get the best out of low bands but then the magic happened. I was
working on 40 and 80 when I randomly to checked whether there is anything going
on 20. Plenty of loud US/VE stations made me change the strategy so I
immediately tried to find a nice quiet frequency near the edge of the band -
which I fortunately did. It took like 2-3 CQ's when the madness started which
allowed me to work there few hours straight.

I knew that if I want to catch a decent score, I needed to work with the second
radio as much as possible to keep rate up and mult count high. If last time
during WPX CW I made around 670Q's, then this time the number was even higher.

This was also the first time I never really felt tired. I slept around 6 hours
before the contest and also took an extra 1,5 hour nap during the contest but
later I knew that there was no need for that. Til the next time!

73!
Kris, ES7GM