[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 28 10:13:17 EDT 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 28

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS

   40:  53     53
   20:  22     14
Total:  75     67  Total Score = 5,025

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

I could have done better this morning, but I just couldn't hold a run freq on
40m.  I sat on 7.0271 for 10 minutes before CWT started, then had a good little
run going for a bit, then C4CB moved in just a few cycles above me and started a
run of his own.  His big signal just completely squashed mine; plus, all the
stations calling him obliterated several of you who were trying to respond to
me, so I decided to QSY. Didn't want to be bull-headed, so I figured it was the
gentleman's way this morning.  Alas, I didn't find another really good run freq
on 40 that I could hold with my peanut whistle station over here.  (I know I'm
getting loads of your pity with my sad sack story.  Ha!)  But, I thank all who
responded to--or answered--my call today.

Then, on 20m, I made several searchy-pouncy QSOs, but could never find aa spot
I could squeeze into to call CQ.  Nonetheless, I really enjoyed every single
QSO this morning.

I'll miss the 1900z session.  But, I hope y'all will totally ignore my
cross-town rival, Joe Moffatt, AB5OR, today if you hear him on.  He'll be
blowing and going with his new Spiderbeam, but you'll help me if, when you hear
him, you'll just give your VFO a twist to the next station.  ha!   Or, else,
just crank up your biggest amp and sit right on his freq with your own CQ
run...and see if you can run him off to one of the WARC bands.  Ha!

OK, thanks to all.  Have a fantastic day of CW!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS (Home of QRP signals, even with 100w of RF!)