[3830] SAC CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 21 17:46:43 EDT 2015

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs): 18,5

   10:   11     9
-------------------
Total: 1299   180  Total Score = 511,020

Although my station is still in limping mode I decided to join the game to give
my points to the Scandinavian cup.

The propagation outside EU was awful. I started on 15m and very quickly
realized that I should move to 20m. Two weeks ago in All Asian 15m was already
on downhill but not like this contest. In WAE SSB a week ago we had also
terrible propagation. I really hope that this is not the trend of this fall.

The first 8 hours of the contest went quite smoothly although the DX was not
plenty. Later in the evening around midnight it was like pulling teeth. In the
evening I had to QRT for an hour because I started to smell something burning.
After inspection I did not find any obvious problem so I took a brief break and
then continued. A bit later went to bed because I was too tired and CQing did
not produce any meaningful results.

In the morning I woke up a bit too late and missed 80m and many multipliers. I
noticed that my 2nd radio was a bit deaf and immediately realized what was
burning last night. I tried to monitor 15m and 10m a lot the rest of the
contest. It took quite long before I could work the first JA on 15m. There was
actually a brief opening with quite nice signals from Japan. Unfortunately no
USA came into my log on 15m. Even though 15m was not the way I was expecting
10m was a real disappointment. I tried very hard to move people there but too
often it just failed. I hope that the SSB part will show us some better DX
conditions.

Thanks for the QSOs!