[3830] WAE CW OH0X(OH6KZP) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 15 01:08:48 EDT 2016

WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH0X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brando

   80:  101    16    50
   40:  340   353    72
   20:  488  1409    83
   15:  328   643    73
   10:   92    67    34
-------------------------
Total: 1349  2488   796  Total Score = 3,020,024

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It has been four years since my previous WAE CW. I remain of the opinion that
this contest should be cut down to 24h :) Then again, the QTC stuff is a fun
test of CW copying and keyboard typing capability, especially when tired and in
QSB's claws!

Apart from new rotation trouble with one of the towers, everything worked fine
at the station after the repairs this summer. My trusty Bose earphones are
giving up on me due to wear and tear, leading also to less noise cancellation
in practice, but replacement pads are on their way in the mail.

The bands here up north were a mixed bag. Highlights included the low bands on
Saturday morning, especially 40m. A beautiful "swan song" by 10m
through a very brief U.S. opening very early on Sunday afternoon was unexpected
but more than welcome.

Due to travel and work commitments on Monday morning, I had to quit around 20z
on Sunday when 20m seemed to be picking back up. A few more QSOs and QTCs would
likely have resulted with an optimal off-time arrangement.

Thanks for the QSOs and QTCs and to others in the Brändö Island Group team
for support!

73
Kim OH6KZP/M