[3830] ARRL 160 N0AX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 01:13:18 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX
Station: N0AX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO

Total:  QSOs = 158  Sections = 54  Countries = 1  Total Score = 17,545

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a good reason to finally get around to making my doublet into a
flat-top.  Ran a wire down to the outside hose spigot, shorted the open-wire at
the entry panel, and let 'er rip with about 60 watts output.  The occasional
power-line noise was around in late afternoon but didn't give me any trouble
this evening - always a hazard when operating from the mid-town location.  I
was able to grab 1827 after tuning around for a bit and had success calling CQ
- noise floor about S3-24.  I am sure I missed a few callers but I was
surprised at being able to hear well enough to keep CQing.  The occasional
pileup from being spotted helped.  At midnight, I turned into a pumpkin and
here we are!  Maybe I'll be able to put in a bigger effort next year - see you
in the Stew Perry in two weeks!

73, Ward N0AX