[3830] ARRL 160 VE4GV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 12:51:02 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MB

Total:  QSOs = 425  Sections = 75  Countries = 1  Total Score = 64,828

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Part time effort. Noise levels in the city are horrendous. Getting teh Magnetic
Loop helps a bit but working DX from here (VE4) is brutal.  I tried to give out
the MB mult to the worthy but actually missed VE4VT for my own MB mult. (Ugh)

I would have liked to be at VE6SV with those condx. Lots of familiar US
calls...which is becoming the norm nowadays. Most contests from VE4/VE6 have
turned into domestic affairs...whether it is CQ WW DX, ARRL SS, ARRL 160 and
probably the upcoming 10 m contest...for what little propagation we may have to
US and S. Am./Caribbean.  Only worked the ZF9 for DX.  For some reason I kept
getting disconnected from packet spotting. Annoying when you're running
assisted.  Could be RF problem in PC router.

Surprised to hear so many people missing VE4.  I was there and calling CQ ... a
LOT.

See you next weekend.

73

Rob VE4GV