[3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 8 22:06:48 EST 2016

NCCC Sprint - Dec 9

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0:15
Remote Operation

   80:  14     12
   40:   7      6
Total:  21     18  Total Score = 378

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Back in Japan but things are not going well.  First the K3 died just before I
left and I had to ship it back to the factory.  I won't see it until I get back
to the US, probably in the spring.  So I had to go back to my TS-480 and
remember how to set it all up again.  Then I discovered that my Internet switch
isn't working, so the only way to switch antennas is to make a phone call.
That's bad enough but when I made the phone call to switch from the 40 meter
antenna to the 160 antenna, I got a complete blank - no antenna detected.  It
was all working a couple of days before my trip, but something has happened.
On top of that my computer froze after three contacts and I had to reboot.
Unless a miracle happens, I will be limited to 40 and 80 for the next couple of
months in the NS.  Not my year for remote work I guess.  Still nice to make a
few QSOs.

73, Hal