[3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 15 22:10:10 EST 2016

NCCC Sprint - Dec 16

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Remote Operation

   80:  22     18
   40:   9      8
Total:  31     26  Total Score = 806

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Japan where I have only about 3/4 of a station.  I still can't
access my Internet switch over the internet so the only way I can change
antennas is by international telephone call which takes about 3 minutes to
complete.  Fortunately I can switch between two antennas from the TS-480 front
panel.  When I do call my switch and try to change the relay to the 160
antenna, I get complete silence, so something is wrong with that antenna (which
was working fine in the ARRL 160 contest).  It looks like I'll be without a 160
antenna for the next few months.  The TS-480 is a poor replacement for my K3
(presently in California for repairs) but at least it doesn't need to commute
to the factory. It's still nice to be able to operate in the NS.  Maybe I can
set a new 80 meter record over the next few weeks.