[3830] CQ160 CW K4UEE(@W6IZT) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 2 17:50:40 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4UEE
Operator(s): K4UEE W6IZT
Station: W6IZT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Blairsville GA

Total:  QSOs = 1127  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 56  Total Score = 376,165

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Blairsville GA. Approximately 85 miles north of Atlanta near the GA/NC state
line. Operating from the QTH of W6IZT and signing K4UEE.

1 Elecraft K3 + Alpha 77sx Amplifier
Shunt fed 55 ft. top loaded tower
5 Beverages at 30, 90, 220, 270, and 330 degrees.
N1MM Logger+ logging software

This is our third effort at partnering in this contest. We had a great time.
Conditions on Friday evening to Europe were marginal at best from this
location, managing to work only a handful of stations. Conditions Saturday
morning were not much better but we did manage to put a few JAs in the log.
Conditions to Europe were improved on Saturday evening as we managed to up our
country total and add more stations to the log. We didn’t get to the second
level of EU stations as reflected by the number of 10 point Qs which was down
significantly from our previous efforts. Conditions on Sunday morning were poor
from this location as signals were weak, and we didn’t copy a single JA.

Congratulations to our fellow contestants. We had a great time and hope to
participate again next year.

73
Bob K4UEE
Gregg W6IZT