[3830] MnQP ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 6 19:40:58 EST 2016

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NOB

  160:
   80:     14         0
   40:     22        83
   20:     15        64
-------------------------
Total:     51       147  Mults = 83  Total Score = 32,868

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was fun.  It was one of the rare years when I was not traveling on business
and could devote plenty of time to MNQP.  I did allow myself to be distracted
occasionally to chase NPOTA and SOTA stations, as well as to waste time trying
to work VP8SGI on 15 CW!  I also tried to be semi-sociable with my wife and
daughter.

I had trouble sustaining decent runs on 20 SSB - I would eventually get pushed
off the frequency after 15-20 minutes once I finally found a spot.  (Of course
when you're running QRP, you know it's just a matter of time before you get
"sand kicked in your face" by the high power folks!)  The band was
really crowded with the three QSO parties, as well as mini-pileups on NPOTA and
special event stations.  I actually had more success running on 40 SSB than on
20.

It's always nice to work so many MWA folks.  My affliction (QRP) is becoming
fairly well known and I often get the guestion: "are you running
QRP", which may actually be a pleasant way of asking "what is wrong
with you?"  :-)  But in all seriousness, I certainly appreciate the
compliments on my signal.

My congratulations and thanks to all the mobiles - great jobs!  I was actually
able to work my own county (Nobles) thanks to N0HJZ and N0UR!

I had a pretty even split between in and out-of-state stations worked.  48% of
my QSOs were in-state (in 43 counties) and I worked 39 states plus OM2VL.

Rig: Yaesu FTDX3000 running 5 watts
Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 tribander at 40 feet (2 full-sized elements on 20 and
15), rotatable 40 M dipole at 44 feet, inverted vee with apex at 39 feet.

73,
Randy, ND0C