[3830] MnQP N1CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 6 19:56:53 EST 2016

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TEXAS

  160:      0         0
   80:      2         0
   40:     21         4
   20:     47        82
   15:      0         0
   10:      0         0
-------------------------
Total:     70        88  Mults = 66  Total Score = 14,982

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100 @ 100W to F-12 C3 @ 64', 80/40 Fan Dipoles @50'.  WriteLog
V11.28J, Sony IC Digital Recorder (Audio Files = MP3)

At the start of the contest it looked like radio conditions would be ideal.  By
mid-day I knew that 80/40 were going long and already too long to work MN from
North Texas...27 contacts on 80/40 with very watery-weak signals here.  20 Held
up nicely, and the one QSO on 15M was a surprise.

The many mobiles made hunting good fun.  10 Mobiles, 61 total contacts N0HJZ
(16), N0UR(11), W0ZQ(9), K0PC(6), N0EO(4), KC0DMF(3)plus AD0DX, W9FZ, and W0PNA
with (2) each.  Most of the mobiles were consistantly stronger than
"home" stations.

I planned to run QRP, however, after just a few minutes I realized that
conditions were not good enough to try that, and went with the 100W Low Power.