[3830] NAQP SSB K7SV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 20:41:02 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

  160:    4     3
   10:   25     6
-------------------
Total:  494   129  Total Score = 63,726

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Rappahannock

Comments:

After doing the CW NAQP I was rather looking forward to the phone event. I'm not
sure why, but I found I didn't enjoy the latter nearly as much as the former.
Just looking at mults, the two highest bands weren't nearly as productive on
phone. 40M is generally my strongest band, but I simply couldn't get anything
going there. I tried before our sunset, at our sunset and at various times
after our sunset, in various parts of the band. After my experience with the
phone sweepstakes, this was rather disappointing. 80 was great, but 160 at the
end was noisy and didn't have much activity. Thanks to those who I did work!