[3830] NAQP SSB KC8R Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 20:44:20 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KC8R
Operator(s): KC8R
Station: KC8R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clive, IA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:35

   80:   11     9
   15:   12     7
Total:  230    75  Total Score = 17,250

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I did not really have a plan laid out, so I started late. I started with S&P
then found an empty frequency, called CQ and received a surprising amount of
answers. I should have stuck with calling longer, but had other commitments.

Also, tried to run SO2V, but took me too long to get the setup ready and
finally it did not work.

Gave it a try on 80m, even without a proper 80m antenna, and got some
surprising results.

Let's hope I get a better chance on the next NAQP. I should have planned this
better...

Antenna: Alpha Delta DX-EE diploe in attic
Radio: Flex 6300