[3830] SA Sprint PJ4DX Single OpSSB Restricted

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 23 20:00:45 EDT 2016

SA Sprint Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: Single OpSSB Restricted
QTH: Bonaire

   40:   0       3       0
   20:   0      33       0
Total:   0      33       0        14  Total Score = 462

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

The slowest contest ever! Combination of lack of awareness and poor propagation
made this a real slog. The rule that says "For a station to count towards
the QSO total for the contest result it must appear in at least 10 of the
contest logs received by the organizer" should not apply this year because
if it does almost no stations would count at all. I hope there's more activity
next year.

There were two *very* deaf LU stations, one on 20m, another on 40m, who were
both S9 with me but could not hear my 100 watts. I feel sure they would have
heard me if I was running my usual 1kW :-) Perhaps they just had a high noise
level?

Rig: Yaesu FT-2000, 100W to 3-ele on 20m and 2-ele phased verticals on 40m.

73 Steve, PJ4DX