[3830] ARRL FD WB5EIN 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 26 14:26:33 EDT 2016

ARRL Field Day

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: 1D LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 12:08

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  731     0       0  Total Score = 2,424

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

First time I've ever operated Field Day from home.  For as long as I've been a
ham, I've been out in the field--or, in recent years, at the EOC with a local
club.

The past 3 years, our club, Northeast MS Radio Amateurs (NEMRA), using the club
call of W5NEM, has placed #1 in class 4F.  However, this year, new leadership
(if you can call it that) has allowed a deterioration of the zeal to achieve.
Thus, the top operators in the club abandoned the EOC effort in favor of
joining teams that have a desire to become better operators--and not just eat
hamburgers and hot dogs and drink alcohol.  What a pity that FD at the formerly
successful club has decayed into such an intellectual and emotional abyss!

So, I stayed home and tried to give our Mississippi QSOs to anyone who would
answer my call.

Thanks to all who responded.  My effort this year was rather casual...and my
wife appreciates that I spent several hours with her and didn't just vacate the
house and dash to the garage and this radio.  So, y'all made it a fun weekend,
as I imagined thousands of hams testing emergency preparedness and operational
efficiency.

Now, on to the fall and winter contest seasons!  Let's roll!!!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  CW Ops#1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400' horizontal loop up 40'