[3830] SA10 WA5FWC SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 14 23:30:26 EDT 2016

South America 10-Meter Contest

Call: WA5FWC
Operator(s): WA5FWC
Station: WA5FWC

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: TX

   CW:  16      12        8
  SSB:  56      26        7
-----------------------------
Total:  72      38       15  Total Score = 15,264

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This was a short contest as the Solar gods kept the opening on 10 meters to a
minimun. There was good activity from many of the stateside guys that we could
not work. My first QSO was africa after tuning for 2 hours from the start time.
Then Pourto rico, and the band began to come alive if you can call 25qs per hour
a good rate,I did manage to run 31 in one of the 60 minuite periods. The guys
were great and I operated in a leisure style visiting with my friends in SA. I
hope that this can be turned into a Annual event so we can foster a larger
group of hams from south of the border participating in our major events as
well as this one. Usually our trans equatorial propo has a better showing than
this one. there was about a 3 hour window that I was hearing every thing from
Nicuragua to Chile with great signals. I hope to try this one again next year.
It was a well organized event and the scoring system WELL THOUGHT OUT. ALTHOUGH
i HAVE FIGURED MY SCORE 4 TIMES AND NEVER GOT THE SAME RESULT. Nimm did not have
a template for this one. Maybe next time. I spent at least an hour getting it
correct and I'm still not sure? As the cycle declines it may have to be run on
more than one band and include all the contest bamds. That would make it a
competative event. Just my thoughts   WA5FWC