[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 16 16:48:00 EDT 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Mar 16

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb

   20:  22     22
Total:  22     22  Total Score = 484

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Now that daylight savings has changed times, 19Z aligns perfectly with 4pm
local, so I can do my 30min drive home concurrently with the CWT.....during
these mobile in motion ones I typically work 3 or 4 of the loudest station
while in my parking spot, then call CQ when I am motion, jotting down suffixes
on my cheat sheet as I go and get time.

When I get in my driveway, I generally have 4-5 minutes left before my self
allotted 30 mins is up, so S&P the next bunch of loud guys, and I am done.

Today I was lucky enough to work Rob K6RB just as I rolled to the top of a hill
and sat at a stop sign.  With no traffic in any direction for miles, I had time
to make a QSO and he was an honest to goodness 5NN on the ol' FT-857 S-meter.

Signals from EU with weak and watery, but old elephant ears Bert, F6HKA was
worked.  Also 9A7R on a nice peak and SA6G....a couple others too, but my cheat
sheet is in the car and my memory is not what it used to be.

Best signal is shared amongst the W4's/W8's today....N4ZZ & N8BJQ

Thanks all for hearing me.  Couldn;'t mention everyone, but I sure do
appreciate each and every QSO.

Mike VE9AA/m......100w, Ft-857D, SD-330, 09 MINI