[3830] BARTG AI6DO(@W6AGO) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 14:08:50 EDT 2016

BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: AI6DO
Operator(s): AI6DO
Station: W6AGO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LAX

   80:
   40:    2       2
   20:  171      16         23
   15:    4       3          1
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  177      21         24  Continents = 6  Total Score = 47,790

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Was planning to do RDXC CW on Sat and BARTG RTTY on Sun, but ending up having
cram both into Sat.  Propagation from Europe was terrible.  I kept switching
between RTTY and CW modes to see if conditions had improved for RDXC but it
never did.  Got a handful of Qs on 15M, which seemed more like the usual lonely
10M ghost town.  A sign of the next few years to come.  I suspect there will be
a lot of SS20 entries this year.

The vast majority of my Qs were from running NA with a fair number of JAs in
the afternoon.  This was my first contest in which I did much running, and it
was more fun than my usual 100% S&P operation.  Got many callers with low
single digit serials, and thought to myself:  I was that guy not too long ago!

K3 with ACOM 1000 at up to 700W out, SteppIR 3-element beam, N1MM Logger+ with
Fldigi, MMTTY, and TrueTTY all decoding in parallel and doing equally well,
though with few Europeans to really put them to the test.