[3830] CQWW SSB G4FKA SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 1 16:19:55 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  126    15       58

Club: Bristol Contest Group

Comments:

After spending most of the week on holiday visiting National Trust sites in
Cornwall, this was just a part time single band dabble on Sunday. 15 opened
very late and there was virtually nothing to the far east. Very rare for me to
use the clusters as I like the challenge of true S&P but it was to no avail
as I couldn't hear what was being spotted from further south in Europe anyway.
Brazil arrived early and it was the presence of a good selection of Central and
South American stations that kept the interest up for a few hours. Very little
penetration into North America just a few east coasters. As I said in the RTTY
commentary what a difference a year makes to the conditions at this part of a
rapidly declining solar cycle.

Usual low key station: IC756 ProIII, Expert 1KFA, fixed wire inverted V at 6m.
One very relaxed operator after the best part of a week walking the gardens and
estates!

Let's hope for a bit more action in CW.