[3830] SS CW K4BAI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 22:23:14 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  No signals heard
on 10M.  15 had some good signals, but not a lot of QSOs.  15 was probably the
best band for KP2, KP4, Alaska and Hawaii.  Last mult worked was NE and ended
up with three of them.  Had terrible power line noise for most of the contest.
Sorry for those I couldn't copy.  After about 4 1/2 hours, had terrible problem
with the Dell laptop used for logging.  Thought it was RFI in the CAT control
cable.  But eventually it failed and I had no rig control thereafter.  Had to
make a few band corrections after the contest based on notes made during the
contest.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Will be part time in ARRL SS Phone in two
weeks.  73, John, K4BAI.