[3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 22:24:12 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:40

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Social obligations forced a very late start...so didn't get in in a serious way.
 Didn't run into many S/Ns over 1,000.  Condx or participation down?  The high
bands were poor here like everywhere.  15 was open on Sunday for a while, but I
get out so much better on 14 and below that I can't justify time on 21.
40 was noisy both nights and 80 sounded great.  I could work the whole country
on 80 all night long.  Last worked were VE6 and EWA for the sweep.  Only heard
one of each.  Had 81 sections in 80 minutes but it took another 4 hours for the
last two.
The station played fine all weekend - no troubles.  The FTdx1000MP here only
gets turned on for SO2R and I had forgotten how good that radio plays and
sounds.  I'd still rather contest with a 1000MP than anything else.
TNX for all the Qs.
FTdx5000 + FTdx1000MP, 2 X ACOM 2000A, WRITELOG, Wires in the woods
73 Hal N4GG