[3830] SS CW K2TOP(WW2Y) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 8 09:53:04 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K2TOP
Operator(s): WW2Y
Station: K2TOP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NNY

Field day style weekend at an rental home next to a dairy farm on the edge of
Sacandaga Lake. Station consisted of FT-1000D, Titan, and dipoles for 80
through 20m. 80m dipole was fed with ladder line connected to a Nye Viking
tuner to function on any band plus filling in what directions dipoles didn't
cover.

 Locating VI, KP2M was easy to find on 15m and he was the only one to be heard.
Thanks John! On about 1700Z Sunday, I needed four multipliers to work, AB, AK,
DE, and NT. Switched between 15 and 20 several times from 1700 to 1900Z hoping
to find needed multipliers without success. At 1912Z on 15m while calling CQ,
AL7LO and VE6BBP answered me back to back. Later in the afternoon, NG3R from DE
answered me on 20 at 2136Z. Spent time cqing and tuning on 15 and 20 hoping to
find NT. Finally found VY1AAA on 20 at about 2247Z with very few takers and it
took me several minutes to get him which felt like an eternity. At 2250Z, NT
is finally in for a sweep. I operated the remaining hours of the contest on 40
and 80m for the finish. I quit operating 30 minutes sooner than the planned
0300Z shutdown so I can get some sleep before waking up at 4:45am to finish
dismantling equipment and the removal of antennas by 8:30am. I had a blast and
hope to do this again. Thank you for the QSOs.
73,
Peter