[3830] CQWW CW YU1WC SOSB(A)/40 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 17:04:18 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YU1WC
Operator(s): YU1WC
Station: YU1WC

Class: SOSB(A)/40 QRP
QTH: Belgrade
Operating Time (hrs): 27:45

   40:  574    23       91

Club: Contest Club Serbia

Comments:

QRP contesting is a game of fun and frustration combined, this time maybe more
than ever during my QRP contesting years on 40 meters.
It was fun when usually difficult zones were reached with ease: HS0ZIA, DX2R.
In fact, I worked HS0ZIA at the very beginning of the contest, and this brought
high hopes.
But frustration hit when it seemed that even EU stations can not copy my
signal.
Propagation was poor. Newer worked so few US, VE, UA9 and JA stations.
This was my first major contest without working any ZL station. But VK2DX and
VK6LW saved the day with zones 30 and 29.
Dissapointment came 3B9HA popped out right by my cq frequency somewhere near
7.075. I called first, before the cluster pileup arrived, but no success. It
should have been a new dxcc for me. And it happened again the second night.
Fun came when I managed to pass through pileups (TF3CW, JY9FC, and some more)
when I was already losing hope.
Frustration returned when I could not pass through moderate pileups to zones
35, 22 and some more I worked many times before.
And greatest joy was working TX8F, a new dxcc for me on 7 MHz QRP!

see you all next year
73 de Fric YU1WC

rig: Genesis G40  (homemade SDR kit, 5 W)
antenna: 2 x 21m sloping doublet (ends @ 35 and 3 meters)
software: GSDR, N1MM