[3830] CQWW SSB N1DC SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 20:23:36 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: MA

  160:    4     3        2
   80:   13     6        5
   40:   19     7       15
   20:   70    14       38
   15:  101    17       47
   10:   76    12       31

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun but really hard on the ears. Very bad QRN on 40,80 and 160. I thought
my 40M antenna failed it was so hard making QSO's.

Biggest thrill was having my grandson Cole (age 7) make 12 QSO's and my grand
daughter Paige (age 5) made 1 QSO. There were high 5's flying in the shack when
these QSO's were made!

Score was way down from last year. Missed a lot of EU that is normally easy.

Thanks for the QSO's (and your patience with the grandkids!)

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, Heil ProSet Plus, Heil HM-12 (on boom)
Antennas: 4 el yagi at 30 ft, 40/80 dipoles at 35 ft, 160M inverted L at 60ft
Computer: Windows 7 PC running N1MM+

73, Rick  N1DC