[3830] CQWW SSB NC6K SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 20:24:42 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 23:30

   80:   40    11       20
   40:   98    17       42
   20:  170    25       53
   15:  194    25       58
   10:   82    16       25

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This started out as a short foray to pick up a few band-entities, and I sort of
got hooked. I injured my left elbow and so I had an excuse to sit at the radio
all weekend instead of doing house and yard chores!

Conditions were weird. 10 Meters was open a lot more than I would have thought,
including a big chunk of Saturday afternoon and the last two or three hours of
the contest. Europe was almost non-existent on the West Coast other than the
very Westernmost countries - I can see why anyone that is really trying to get
a high score doesn't try from this side of the country.

It was a lot of fun. The only things (besides propagation) that I can complain
about are (1) many stations that take up 4 kHz or more and wipe out adjacent DX
stations, and (2) stations that insist on calling when the DX asks for a certain
call, even though their call is nothing like what was requested. It almost never
gets them called, but slows down everyone's rate and irritates most of us that
are patiently waiting.